Friday, September 12, 2008

Picture Change


For as long as I can remember, our family portrait has contained a grand total of 9 faces.
Now I recognize that to most people that number sounds ginormous already, but to the
Deans, it's who we are. Jerry, Ellen, Jason, Sarah, Beka, Leah, Jo, Caleb, and Micah. We
are the Deans and we are nine.

On August 30, 2008 we became 10.

My little sister, Leah, went and got herself married to Ben Featherstone and began, what I can only hope is, a pattern of family additions. It was the most beautiful and fun weekend that I've had in a long time. With a bridal party of 27 and the majority of them staying together at my parent's house, it was an absolute blast. Like any older sibling, I was skeptical at first about my little sister getting married, but she has found the man created just for her; the man that loves her outside of himself; a man that has willingly entered the Dean drama and insanity.

Our family picture is changing.
Next summer we will add another face and become 11.
I look forward to each addition.
I say, "Bring 'em on!"

1 comment:

Sara said...

i love this, bean. makes me want a gigantic family, too.