Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Commencement

Starting over is never easy.
It requires you to begin again;
to leave
somewhere/something comfortable and
put yourself
in a place of
uncertainty.

While I am not an avid fan of starting over, I do understand the necessity of it.
There are times when we have no choice in the matter; times when it is decided for us.
There are times when we have no other choice but to start over; times when it is our only option.
And there are times when we simply want to begin again.

I can't say what time this is for me.
Part of me feels like I have no choice; as if someone else is calling the shots.
Part of me feels this is the only possible course of action; like the alternative could destroy me.
And part of me wants so desperately to begin again.

So here I am.
Forced or willing.......here I am, starting over.
The problem lies in those memories... pregnant with hope.

3 comments:

Sara said...

the last line was the best in the entire blog... xoxo

jim thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jim thompson said...

yeah, along with that sara girl, i too have a comment about the last line. who impregnanted you with hope? owell. we love the dean.