Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cannonball!

I have been meaning to post for the past several weeks, but had somehow managed to forget my password. It's not like that's that hard to believe since I have close to ten separate usernames and passwords for various things. It would be easier if you could use the same one for everything, but that's neither very smart or allowed. Stupid, really!

With that said......here's what I've got:

I've been told for years about this intimidating and confident aura that I seem to exhude, and for the life of me I'm not sure how I continue to pull that off. Regardless, that's what people see when they look at me. It doesn't matter if I feel anything but confident. We've all got our insecurities and fears. I guess I just do a good job of hiding them. Yay me!

I am a fairly confident person, but there has been one thing for the past several years that has literally scared that crap out of me and that's the idea of owning my own home. I'm not sure why. That's not true. I know exactly why, and despite how invalid my fears are they are very real to me. However, my recent "choice" to start over has prompted a need to conquer all the fears that are encompassed in that decision. So....

I'm buying a house. I'm not sure where, but I've made the first step and am moving forward with an unusual peace that this is the right thing for me to do. I'm tired of moving. I'm tired of feeling displaced. And I'm tired of waiting for my fears to subside. I think it was Julie Andrews, in The Sound of Music, that said, "You can't run from your problems. You've got to jump right in and face them!"

Here goes nothing.......I'm jumpin' in!

5 comments:

jim thompson said...

ah yes, wise words from the great philosopher julie andrews. sar and i looked at houses for the first time yesterday. fun and scary indeed. go sabres.

Sara said...

aaaaaaaaaahhh!! i love you so much... i actually do use the same username and password for EVERYTHING... worked okay for me so far (she said as 8 old men use her identity) i can't think of anything to write about on my blog. maybe buying a house.. but then i'd be copying

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dang girl. A house. Kudos to you. I want one so badly, but don't feel settled enough to do it. Can't wait to hear about it.

jim thompson said...

dean, lets race. first one to buy a house wins. the loser pays for the others house. deal or no deal?

Sara said...

nice edit on cannonball...