Friday, February 22, 2008

Still got it!

So...I went and played basketball last night with some high school kids. It was me and four high school girls against a much taller, faster group of high school guys. Now granted they were all JV players, but still......they were too much for us to handle. Initially none of the girls wanted to play against them, but I was all for it. I mean, if you want to get better as a female athlete, play against guys. 9 times out of 10 you're gonna get beat, but all you need to do is compete and hold your own. So that's what we did. We won 1 out of the 3 games we played and we did pretty well, under the circumstances. It was a lot of fun. I really miss playing and I really miss that feeling of total exhaustion after you've gone hard for two hours. What I don't miss is getting elbowed in the face by a 6'2" black guy while you're trying to go get a rebound. That part I could do without. But then again.....this swollen part of my head reminds me that I'm not too old. I can still run!

1 comment:

Sara said...

SSSSSSUCH a happy post -- i laughed so hard at the end -- I POSTED A NEW BLOG here here!