Wednesday, March 19, 2008

down time

sometimes it's so easy to advise others on how they should react to situations and circumstances in their lives, but when it's my turn to do the same - there's some sort of disconnect. it's easy to tell someone that God is in control and you can trust Him, but how many times am I, personally, so quick to forget that. i find all kinds of reasons to rationalize my fear and lack of trust, none of which are beyond the control of my Father.

He knows where i am because He has lead me here.
He knows the intricate details of my situation because He has orchestrated them all.

He knows it all.

He knows and He cares.

even when I don't know anything, He knows it all.

and I can trust Him.

"The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see." ~Heb. 11:1-2

2 comments:

jim thompson said...

watch out, beth moore -- you wordsmith, you - thank you for encouraging me even through the stink of life....this is sara by the way

Jennifer said...

i've had these exact same thoughts for the last six weeks or so. thanks for the encouragement...and it's good to know someone out there struggles just like i do.