Wednesday, April 2, 2008

new eyes

The past several days I've been experiencing this abnormal sense of peace. I don't mean that peace is abnormal, I just mean that it is abnormal for me lately. I'm also not saying that the peace of God is abnormal, but it is not a natural human emotion. I can say with certainty that it is the peace of God that has begun to hold me in this tranquil state of rest. I can't explain it really, since my life is about to be in disarray once again and it would make total sense for me to start worrying and stewing over everything. This verse came to mind this morning and I read it with new eyes and began to see my life for what it is and how it is.....

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matt. 6:34 (The Message)

I've had other experiences in my life where I have been called (sometimes forced) to depend on and trust in the Lord. This time is no different. I don't know where I'll be living in two weeks, but I do know that "God will help [me] deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes".

There's real peace in that concept; real Peace and unexplainable Freedom.

1 comment:

jim thompson said...

so good. sounds like paul in phillipians when he said that peace "passes understanding" or transcends comprehension"

i also heard....

"He truly ushers peace into the soul before he ushers peace into the circumstance. This makes us trust him more."