Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

For the past couple of years I have been in a constant state of exhaustion. I know that I keep myself pretty busy with activity, but I have never been one to sacrifice sleep for anything. Even in college, I never pulled an all-nighter to study or even to socialize. I could always be found in my bunk, by 11:30pm, regardless of what everyone else had going on. I just need my sleep. I always have. But the thing is, the past several of years I have never been able to get enough. It doesn't matter if I sleep 4 hours or 8 hours, my body feels the same: exhausted!

NO MORE!!!!!

Tomorrow, Lord-willing, begins the process of fixing me; or fixing my problem rather. Tomorrow morning I have a consultation at the Southeastern Regional Sleep Disorders Center which will hopefully reveal what the heck is going on in my REM cycles. I have this huge fear that I am going to join the ranks of my family that have sleep apnea and be forced to sleep with a cpap machine, but at this point I don't care if I sound like Darth Vadar when I sleep. At least I will be sleeping. I would give an arm and a leg to actually feel rested when I wake up in the morning.

I know they were actually singing about food, but I just picture all those orphans in the movie, Oliver, screaming at the top of their lungs "Sleep, glorious sleep....."

I'd sing along.

2 comments:

Care said...

I'll be praying! Let me know how it goes

Sara said...

this post is painful to read in light of recent developments...

::sigh::