Monday, March 9, 2009

Just a reminder

I needed to be reminded this morning of a very simple, yet hugely comforting truth about my Jesus. Luckily, this song came on my ipod...

So faithful, so constant and so true
So powerful in all You do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to You
***
I know that You are for me, I know that You are for me
I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness
And I know that You have come now even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who You are
***
I'm amazed at how easy it is for me to think that God has no idea where I am in my life, or that He knows exactly where I am and has allowed me to get to this point only to make me miserable. I'm ashamed to admit that I think that sometimes, but it's true. So many times I question the way in which He is working in my life and think arrogantly that I could do so much better. I'm not sure why I would think I could do better, but for some reason I do.
***
We have been working our way through the book of Mark at church and there are two things that are continuously jumping out at me every week. One is that the things that I want are not necessarily the things that I need. It's hard to let go of things that I am convinced would be right for me, but I am learning to trust that my Father is taking care of me and that He is "for me" in every situation. The other thing I've been learning is that even though I constantly try to control and manipulate situations to get what I want, He simply waits for me to stop struggling and then steps back in and reminds me who He is. In His patience, He never gets frustrated with me. In His Love, He never gives up on me. In His grace, He never turns me loose.
***
He sees me.
He hears me.
He's for me.
And that's enough to get me through today.

1 comment:

Sara said...

So good, Beaner... I've heard you say that lots of times before: "He's for me" For some reason, though, it really smacked me this time. Even if it hurts, just to know that He is "for me" brings peace.